Home

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

the adventures never end with a baby!!

Sometimes those adventures can be scary and sad but adventures nonetheless.  Last week the Bradshaw Family was stricken with a bad cold...Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Grandparents, Papa and Costner.  How I did not get sick I am unsure but blessed that I have yet to contract this ugly cold.  Costner has had a small cold before but it was just a two day affair with a stuffy nose being the worst of it.  This time he was stricken with Croup....an ugly upper respiratory infection that left him hoarse, wheezing and with a barking cough.  My poor little man was miserable and Mama and Papa were saddened because we felt so helpless.  Nothing we seemed to do made him feel better and after three days of administering baby vapor rub and tylenol, we went to see Dr. Engle (our fabulous pediatrician).  I don't know how this woman does it but as soon as she walks into the room I feel instantly better.  I know my son is in good hands and she will take excellent care of him. We left her office with some medicine in hand and feeling like we were going to kick some croup butt.  Well...it seems as if we are doing just that.  Costner is already back to his mischievous ways as the pictures below will show.  Parenthood is never what you expect it to be and every day being a mom has made me a stronger person.




It's Ducati's lucky day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment