Home

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome!!

Throughout my life nothing has gone exactly the way I expected.  As a young girl I had an idea of the way my life would unfold, in a Norman Rockwell type of setting.  Is that too much to ask?  Well, yes!!  I have experienced unimaginable sadness and life changing elation, all of which made me a stronger, more confident person.  Sometimes the curves in the road turn out to be moments that will bring the insight you need to make the next decision.

Ten years ago, I would I have told you that I would follow in my mother's footsteps marry when I am 30 and start having children when I am 32 (another contradiction of my earlier thinking, but that will be a discussion for another post).  I am now 29, have been married for two years, proud owner of a hefty mortgage, also a proud owner of a hefty yellow lab and pregnant with my first child.  Like I said, life is not what you expect it to be.

This change in my storybook timeline is due to the wonderful fault of my husband.  I met Justin six years ago and that is when I saw the preverbal "light".  I am firm believer that there are people in this world that are here to change your life.  Justin has done that for me.  He has helped me become a calmer, happier, more enthusiastic, take life and experience kind of person.  If you ever meet him, I promise you will like him right of the bat.  He has uncanny way to make you feel completely welcome and at ease.  Justin is rarely ever in a bad mood, always nice to everyone and sincerely does not speak badly about anyone.  I thrive to possess the same qualities....still working!!  He has an appetite for adventure and traveling.  One of Justin's main passions in life are motorcycles.  You know it's not just a hobby when you see your husband parlay his immense enjoyment of motorcycles into a career.  One would think that this love of motorcycles stops with Justin but it does not.  I firmly believe that the desire to be on two wheels instead of four is embedded the Bradshaw gene, that will inevitably be passed down to my son.

I know what your thinking....where is the flaw?  If Justin is as wonderful as he sounds then the in laws must be wrenched, right?  That is where you'd be wrong.  I somehow stumbled upon a truly wonderful family....The Bradshaw Clan.  Now, is anyone ever really perfect? No, but all of Justin's family members are kind, open, honest, loving, supportive, well-grounded and intelligent people.  And now I am one of them.  A tall order to live up to but they make me strive to be a better version of myself.  Hence, the name of my blog....."A Bradshaw Way of Life"

I hope you enjoy my blog and my thoughts of being a wife, mother, sister, daughter, friend and woman trying to navigate this world that will sure to bring more twists and turns then a boring Norman Rockwell picture.

1 comment:

  1. I love this opening, Whit! You are right, Justin is an amazing man and you two are perfect for each other! I am so happy that you found each other years back.

    ReplyDelete