Home

Thursday, October 15, 2015

#momfail

Let me replay my morning...there I was pulling into the boys preschool a bit late to drop Costner off. Me in my "in between" clothes.  "In between" clothes are what I call not quite pajamas but not quite my outfit of the day...which mind you is usually work out clothes so the fact that I couldn't even get those on is a bit sad.  But hey...I did put a bra and some mascara on.  Costner was fully dressed, fed, hair combed, ready for the day and there was Loren still with his pjs on but he did have shoes on and was fed. Of course, my sweet Audie with a full diaper and 20 minutes out from needing a bottle.  But look I was just dropping Cost off quickly and then headed back home for coffee and the Today Show.  

As I pulled in I saw my friends and fellow preschool moms' cars sitting outside, I wondered "why are they so late?" I, at least had the whole 3 kid, husband out of town excuse.  I jumped out of the car and hustled Cost inside, his teacher greeted us and asked where Loren was. I sweetly reminded her that Loren doesn't go to school on Thursdays but kindly she replied "but I thought we were watching him while you attended the board meeting!"

CRAP!  I had completely forgot and was already 30 minutes late.  And let me add the boys go to a catholic preschool.  I had agreed to be on the board that meets twice a year and I couldn't even show up on time to one of the meetings.  I was given ample reminders, even as early as this past Tuesday but still I forgot. Which is completely unlike me, I always brag to my husband that "I have a mind like a steel trap." Well...apparently I do not.  icalendar Whitney....use icalendar for gosh sakes.

So...there I am rushing Loren inside...monster truck pjs, et al as Audie and I scurry downstairs to the meeting all the while I am telling myself to apologize profusely but for God sake Whitney do not say "God" when you do.  I walk thru the door and say "Oh my Gosh, I'm so sorry" and there in front of me sympathetic looks as Agnes, head of the preschool, explains I am a new mother of three kids. The looks wreak of "Oh...poor girl, she must be in over her head."  And maybe I am this stage in the game with Audie being 7 weeks old, feeding at 4am and then trying corral two rambunctious little boys throughout the following day. I am exhausted and sometimes overwhelmed so I will probably remain in my "in between" clothes for a bit longer just to make one part of my life a bit easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment