Home

Monday, November 14, 2011

Day Three of Nap Training!!

The only thing I wanted to do today was pick up the phone and call my mom.  I need her to tell me that all will work out with Costner's napping and tell me remedies she used on my brother and myself.  Instead I am relegated to the internet and what do I find when I google "napping and teething"?  A woman wondering if the fact that her teething baby is sleeping more than usual is a problem.  Seriously!  A problem? Count your lucky stars woman that your baby is sleeping as much as he or she does.

My morning started off great!  Costner awoke around 8am, ate some breakfast and then proceeded to try to get into trouble.  He went down for his first nap without a fight and slept for an hour.  Success!  I was so happy to grab him and play with him. We proceeded to play, go for a run, hit up the grocery store and Costner's drooled thru two shirts.  Those teeth are really close to popping out.  Around 1pm he started to slow down and as soon as I saw a yawn we went for nap #2.  Costner didn't fight me on the second nap and again I prayed he would sleep for two hours.  But again no such luck.  After 45 minutes he was up, though not screaming.  He was sitting in his crib chewing on his hands or anything he could put in his mouth. I left him in his crib in hopes he would fall back asleep.  Well after 45 minutes he started to full out wail and I caved!!  And to be honest...I don't feel bad.  My little man is fussy and I think that it is due large part to these incoming teeth. I am going to try to stick to his nap schedule the best I can but making him scream for over an hour when he is obviously uncomfortable, I can't do it.  Sorry people!!  When these teeth come in then maybe I will be a bit more stringent but I am betting he'll transition back his old nap schedule once they come in.  At least that's what I am hoping for.

Good Night All!!


My new face I love to make


Helping Mama cook


No comments:

Post a Comment